Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Homeless quilt #6

I have finally gotten around to quilting and binding another homeless quilt: (I have a skylight in the living room - hence the bright rectangle!)


 I used orphan blocks, 16 patches and pinwheels for this one.  That makes 6 finished.  I have two more ready to be quilted, another one on the design wall and another one cut out but not pieced.

In the meantime, I'm getting a few things down around the house:  I had 4 trees taken down in the back yard - so I now have sun, and I don't have to worry about the trees falling on the neighbors or my own yard.  I've arranged to have my deck fixed after a limb from one of the trees fell on it, and I've arranged to have two truckloads of topsoil brought in and grass planted!  And that's it for paying someone to do work for me!  I plan to plant 5 lilac bushes where three of the pines used to be and I have tomatoes I want to get planted in the 5 gallon buckets like last year - it worked pretty well and I ate fresh tomatoes for a good month!

Until next time....blessings.

No comments :