Tuesday, May 17, 2022

More cleaning out

 Today I cleaned out my walk-in closet.  It has needed it for a very long time!  Here are the before pics:


I have already gone through my shirts/tops and donated a box full.  Today, I tried on every pair of pants, jeans, capris, crops, etc.  I donated at least half of them - no more waiting to lose weight and no more trying to find the best fit by buying more pants!  From here on out it will be 1 in, 1 out.

Here's the after:


I'm actually embarrassed - and I actually donated the same amount of pants as I kept.  To say that I am blessed is an understatement.

I have decided to really dust 1 room at a time - all the corners and under the furniture type thing.  I have 3 days every week that I devote to one room -- so far I've done the master bath and master bedroom and now the master closet.  Next is the spare room.  I also vacuum and generally tidy up and in the case of the bathroom, I also cleaned the cabinets outside with Cabinet Magic. Each time I come back to a room (about once a month), I will add projects, like cleaning out dresser drawers and polishing furniture next time I do the master bedroom. It's a new habit I'm trying to establish!

Have I done any quilting/applique, piecing?  No!

But I have weeded the front flower beds and set up the bird feeders and baths in the back.  Last week we hit the high 80's/90's, so managed to get a few things done.  This week it is more normal temps - 60's and 70's.  I want to spend as much time as I can outside this year to keep up with the weeds and just enjoy the weather!

Until next time....blessings.

No comments :