Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Making Some Progress

I finished the binding on the preschool quilt yesterday while waiting for Home Depot to show up - they never did.  Apparently they are supposed to be here today.  Would have been nice of them to tell me though.

Today, I started the sewing room cleanup challenge on one of my lists:  
Gather together your Ufo's and Wip's and put them together somewhere:  Already had them altogether.  Clean off the cutting table and all flat surfaces, and sewing machine areas and clean and oil machines and replace needles.   I cleaned off the cutting table and my big antique table and cleaned my machines (no oil) and did not change needles.  They're good for now!  Then, because I can't stand a clean table, I pieced the December Skill Builder that I already had cut out.  Even made the binding and put the backing with the instructions.  
And, I used stash fabrics!

I got it done just in time -- January's Skill Builder came out today! I still have two to quilt and another 6 that I haven't even pieced yet - but there's hope for 2020.  I did clean off the cutting table again before I quit for the day!
In the office, I've been cleaning out files and shredding mountains of paper.   I'll have the entire recycling bin full by next week!

Until next time.....blessings.

No comments :