Monday, January 13, 2020

Change of plans

I haven't actually changed my plan, I just changed the way I was going to do something!  My plan for this year was to have hardwood floors put in.  I had planned on having the local flooring place do it, but I got a better price by having a friend of my daughter's do the work.  It's turning into a big fiasco though.  I ordered the flooring from Home Depot.  They delivered it and put it on a skid in my garage, which meant my car had to sit out.  So of course we had an ice storm Friday night.  Anyway, Rick, the flooring man, brought all 35 boxes into the living room.  Then he proceeded to remove the laminate in the kitchen and found a linoleum floor and underlayment beneath that.  Long story short:  the underlayment has to come out for the 3/4" hardwood to fit, so he spent this past weekend tearing out part of the underlayment.

Then he discovered the flooring Home Depot sent was not right.  15 boxes out of 35 are the wrong width.  So, now Home Depot has to deliver the replacements and take back the wrong ones.  They will be thrilled to know they have to bring it into my living room and take the wrong ones out! And, what was supposed to be a 2-1/2 day job looks like it will be at least 3 weekends - one more just to finish taking out the rest of the underlayment and then the carpeting in the hall and living room.
On a positive note, I finished the Christmas quilt, including binding.
And, I started cutting on the Skill Builder project for December -- only 7 months behind schedule, because I haven't done any since May!  And the new one will be out in two days!  The flooring forces me to go to the sewing studio on the weekends, so that's a good thing!
Until next time....blessings.
 

 

1 comment :

Jeanne said...

We're just beginning to work on a bathroom remodel here. Hope your floor project resolves itself!