Sunday, January 26, 2020

Missing in Action once again

But there has been a lot of action going on!
I spent 3 days working on the December Skill Builder quilt and finished it this morning:
I had pieced it, so the three days was just doing the incredibly intricate quilting!  And no, I am not a perfectionist and it shows.  I did make a few mistakes, but I learned a lot.  One thing I learned was stop working when you're too tired to think!  And, actually turn your brain on, not off when you start this quilting!  And, for me - finish the entire border while you're doing it -- don't wait til you get to the bottom half because you've already forgotten how to do it then! LOL
I'm using my stash fabrics for these projects, so this was all Kansas Troubles fabrics -- my favorite.  I also learned that I should do the projects in order, because many times they teach you something one month and build on it next month.  So, then I went back and pieced June's project.  And today I started piecing July's project. I missed all the projects from June thru December and now January, so I have some catching up to do.
Every weekend now for the past 3 weeks, my flooring guy has been here working on the hardwood floors.  He even had Friday and Monday off this weekend, so it'll be 4 days in a row that he works on them - from 8-5!
This is as of yesterday:
 Dining area on the right, kitchen area on the left.  Both are done, except for pantry.  He finished the hallway today and is working on the living room.  Picture looks a little pink, but the flooring is darker than that - red oak.
So, all the time he's working, I've been working in the basement - have plenty to do down there too!
Tomorrow Steph goes back to the doctor - and gets the results of the MRI from last week - we are praying she didn't do any damage and doesn't have to have the surgery again.
Until next time.....blessings.
 

No comments :