Thursday, May 02, 2019

Making Plans

Thomas Rhett has a line in a song that goes something like, "You can hear God laughing while you're making plans".  So true!
 I think the plan is to never have a true spring or summer -- just an extension of winter all year!  Weather has been so weird all over the country.  And it affected my plans.  
I never did finish decluttering the storage area.  I've cleaned the sewing room a couple of times, but it's a total disaster right now!
This is what has been accomplished:
This playset was here attached to the deck, when I moved in.  Since my grandsons are older now, Mikey is 8, almost 9, and they don't come over here that often, it was a waste of wood and space.
So, Steph put an ad in her neighborhood paper and a guy and his 10 yr old, with the help of my son-in-law, took it apart and hauled it away.  The guy and his kid are going to make a tree house with it!
 And now I have an empty corner of my deck.  The whole deck needs to be replaced, but not any time soon.  I did spend a day shoveling sand: from the deck to in front of the shed.
My sil, Aaron will come by some weekend and get rid of the three sheets of plywood that the whole sandbox was on.  And I spent another day outside burning sticks:
I get a lot of brush and sticks that fall all around the back yard.  I don't use the fire pit for bonfires anyway -- might as well put it to good use.
So, that is what I was doing the two really nice days we had -- apparently that was spring, because then we had snow, twice! And this week it has done nothing but rain.
All my big plans to get the basement cleaned and decluttered have fallen by the wayside, but I have to find the energy to finish the job -- first because I can't even sew until I clean up the mess I have down there! And second, because I want to paint the rooms down there!
Until next time.....blessings.

No comments :