Saturday, February 16, 2019

Done with Winter

I am so done with winter!  So, today I took all the snowmen and other wintry quilts down and put up spring quilts!
Tulips to brighten the wall in the living room -- previously was a Christmasy snowman.
New throws for the chairs in the living room -- that white outside is snow -- so sick of it!
Tulip Farm hanging on the wall - all hand appliqued by me back in 2007, I believe.  Replaces Merry, Merry Snowmen.  The quilt on the couch is just a double four-patch with an appliqued flower border.  Brightens everything up!
Spring Planting -- a Country Threads pattern, hand appliqued by me from many years ago!
It's hanging in the dining area of the kitchen, replacing a snowman wallhanging.

I do have a few irons in the fire.  Finished quilting an homeless quilt yesterday that I made from pinwheel blocks and two rows of orphan blocks.  I also cut out the latest Skill Builders quilt to piece today and quilt with e2e alternating and fill -- should be fun.  Love the Skill Builders Club from Joan Knight and Joyce Lundrigan - so helpful to learn things on the Statler that I rarely use, but might now that I know how to use them!  The Statler has so many things to learn!

Until next time...Blessings.

 

1 comment :

Melody said...

Great idea! I might do the same tomorrow!