Saturday, May 04, 2019

Sewing Room

Well, today was the day I started the major cleanup of the sewing room! Actually, just a few hours this afternoon, since I went to Mikey's soccer game (he scored the first goal!) and then they took me to lunch!

This is what my big table looked like before I started cleaning.  
This is what the goal is!  The big bin on the right holds orphan blocks and I have added to it today and also have made some decisions on emptying it.  Thankfully, we make quilts for the homeless -- 60"x80" quilts, so the goal is to use up the orphans and the scraps and make quilts. I had bins of scraps on the table and now I will be cleaning out those bins.  I did empty one small bin today.
This is my cutting table and this is not acceptable!  I have to clean this table off so I have a place to cut all the scraps.  I was pressing scraps and started sorting them, but didn't come close to finishing that!
This is the pool table and it is also not acceptable!  I need to do some major sorting.
The printers tray on the corner held a lot of applique thread and one day about a month ago it fell off the wall!  I found it on the floor with thread everywhere.  It will go back up on the wall after the wall is painted and it will be screwed in more securely for sure!
A couple of months ago I picked up a free pkg at the quilt shop - it had the fabric and some triangle paper in it, so I made up the half square triangles and 3 of the shoo fly blocks and the rest sat there til today.  Today I finished making the rest of the blocks for a total of 10 shoo fly blocks.  There, of course is no extra fabric and since I'm working hard to use up stuff, I designed a quick kids quilt with some print fabric squares alternating with these.  Problem is, I need at least 2 more shoo fly blocks, so I'll use some different fabric and put them in the center, just like it was planned!  haha
Anyway, I also put the borders on a quilt on my design wall, and I have a few quilts now to quilt, so the rest of the work will be done while I quilt homeless quilts.  Ultimate goal this year will be to use up all the scraps I have laying around and then to start using donated fabric and a lot of my own stash -- it has aged long enough!
Until next time.....blessings.


 
 

No comments :