Thursday, January 31, 2019

Last Day of the Month

Seriously happy that it's the last day of January!  Now if those sub-zero temps and wind chills would just go away!

Goals reached in January:
I've set a goal to knit a hat a month for the hat and mitten tree at church in December.  January's hat is done:

This one was done on straight needles and I had to sew up the ends.  I'm not very good at that and I don't like doing it!  I've already started the second hat, and it is done on circular needles, so there will be no sewing up!  And, I'm loving the pattern of the second hat, so will be finishing it by the end of February and probably do the same pattern for the next one.  

Second goal for each month:  piece a homeless quilt.  Not sure if I can do this every month, once the group starts giving me their tops to quilt, but I did manage to piece one for January, and even quilted it yesterday.
Simple tops work the best for these homeless quilts, and I used up quite a few 2-1/2" squares - although the pile hasn't gone down much!  I have started another one, using pinwheel blocks.

Goal Number 3 was purging (actually this is goal #1!)  I have managed to take two carloads of stuff to the thrift shop and have another trunk full to take sometime next week, hopefully.  I also tossed a lot of stuff into the garbage!  I can definitely see a difference in the storage area, which encourages me to finish that job.  I have emptied 6 Rubbermaid bins too - which I will keep until I'm sure I don't need them anymore.  But, I am trying not to save things I don't need or want anymore, so I really don't want to refill the bins!

Goal #4 was establish an exercise routine again.  I have failed miserably at that, but there's still hope for February!  I did get new lights installed in the exercise room, and I have spent a couple of days cleaning up that room and my quilting room after the lights were installed.  I'm waiting today for the electricians to come back and remove the longarm from a circuit and give it its own circuit since I tripped a breaker running it yesterday. 

All in all, I think I'm doing pretty well on my goals for 2019.
Until next time.....blessings.

No comments :