Sunday, December 30, 2018

Nearing the End!

Of 2018, of course.
I've talked about goals for next year, and I've added another one.  This is what my storage area in the basement looks like:




It's an "L" shaped room that contains the furnace, water softener and water heater also.  All those bins and boxes have been moved at least twice - and I had to pay to have them moved!  It is time to purge.  And I will be tough!  I have some silver-plated coffee sets and platters that were my mother's that I have never used.  My daughter won't want them - no one entertains like that anymore -- nowadays its a more casual get-together.  They are all going to a charity.  My DSIL made me promise not to give any of the stuff to my DD!  So, as I go thru each box/container, I will decide whether to keep, bless a charity, or toss and I hope to reduce the stuff by at least half.  2019 will be the year of the great purge!

Until next time.....blessings.
 

2 comments :

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

I've been trying to do that too. I wish you well with your goal. Happy New Year!

Diana Davis said...

I'd have a hard time giving up anything I had left from my mother. I didn't get much so I tend to want to hold onto it.