Friday, December 28, 2018

Dec. 28, 2018

Getting pretty close to finishing this year!  Can't wait for it to be over.  It wasn't one of my best - spent 5 days in hospital in July for dehydration and hypercalcemia and another 2 days in September to have my Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm repaired.  Hope not to see another hospital room next year!


I said yesterday that I've started thinking about goals/resolutions for next year.  For all intents and purposes, I think once Christmas is over, we're into the new year - maybe not by calendar days, but in my mind!  One of my goals for next year (which means I start now, I don't wait for the 1st!) is to try to knit a hat a month for the hat and mitten tree at church. We always have a hat/mitten tree for the kids in the neighboring schools.  There is always a need.  I'm just a novice knitter, but I think this is doable.  Of course, quilting the quilts for the homeless is my first priority, but this would be a good thing.  
I've always liked the idea of knitters and crocheters making hats and scarves for the homeless and in Rockford, IL, they hang them on bushes and trees in a downtown park and whoever needs them, takes them.  It's one of those "make your heart fill up with goodness" things!
So, that's one of my goals for 2019.  And I'll be working on it most every evening in front of the tv.
Until next time.....blessings.

1 comment :

Diana Davis said...

So your homeless quilts; do you just use a simple pattern?