Monday, December 31, 2018

Finally

The Last day of 2018!
I finished two quilts today - well, quilted them and put the bindings on -- still need to stitch the bindings down.
These are two ufo's:

The top one is an old Bunny Hill quilt that was offered as a block of the month online for free -- years ago.  I only did 6 of the 12 blocks and finally put them together a few months ago - it's been aging further on my design wall til today.  The second one was a kit I bought this summer called Old Glory.  Bought it from my favorite quilt shop - Lucky Quilt Co. in Pecatonica, IL.  It's where we meet to hand applique a few times a month!  I just finished piecing it yesterday, so wanted to get it quilted and bound right away.  I hope to stitch the binding down on both of them tonight, but at least one! 

I'm hoping to finish more quilts in the new year.  I have at least 10 applique quilts in progress.  I only hand applique and I only seem to have time to do it at applique club.  Four of us friends are working on the same quilt -- a Bunny Hill quilt called 101 Maple Street. We all bought the kits for this quilt.   The other three are at least two blocks ahead of me, but it's not a race, its a journey and we all enjoy the applique process.
 See you next year!
 Until then......blessings.
 

No comments :