Wednesday, January 02, 2019

Finishes

I have one last finish for 2018:
I spent New Year's Eve stitching the binding down -- don't I have an exciting life?!
 Old Glory is finished.  Started and finished in 2018.
I didn't get the second one bound on the 31st, but I did get it done on the 1st day of 2019!:
And today I managed to quilt and bind the little one on the left that was made from orphan blocks.
I feel like I'm on a roll!  I started piecing on a quilt for my bed -- I'd set aside the fabric and pattern for it -- years ago actually.  And I was surprised to find that I actually had cut most of it out, so today I was able to piece 80 four-patches to start it.  I've been spending the time between holidays sorting, organizing and getting caught up on things.  I hope to have my antique table cleaned off by the end of January.  Maybe I'll even be able to piece some homeless quilts -- usually I'm so busy piecing backings and quilting the homeless quilts the group pieces that I don't actually piece more than one or two, if that, in a year.  But, I'm finally able to see the end of the mess, the end of the donated fabric that I need to press and bring in to the quilters at our sew-in.  I have a full container of pieces now and another 2-1/2" strips container full for them.  If I can, I'd like to start cutting the strips into 6-1/2" strips so I (or someone else) can quickly piece a rail-fence quilt.  I also need to clean out my own stash cabinets - they are so messy I can't really see what I have.
It really feels good to see the end in sight!
Until next time.....blessings.