Thursday, March 08, 2018

Decluttering Update

I've been a bit busy trying to finish decluttering enough in the basement that I can actually walk down there and get to the business of quilting.  I took pictures last week, because I thought I was there, but found a Longaberger basket on the table that had stuff at the bottom underneath a pile of fabric and scraps!  So today, I cleaned that out and stuffed the fabric scraps back into it!
 The cutting table area -- no bins underneath, the ironing board is perfectly accessible. And I put up another of my thread racks.
 The antique table has been cleaned out (there's a shelf underneath that now has everything in its place, and two drawers that are now cleaned out and organized.)
 The pool table that came with the house is mostly used for laying quilt tops and finished quilts on!  The 16 cube organizer that my daughter and I managed to drag down the stairs and put back together is now full of backing fabrics and tops that need quilting and some donated fabric for our homeless quilts project.
 And the longarm is back up and running!  The table to the left is piled high with fabrics and scraps (and the basket that needed to be cleaned out!), which I will work on as I have time.  Most will be sorted and cut and donated for our charity projects.  The rest will be put away for stash for any project I decide to work on of my own.  I'd like to say I won't buy any more fabric, but I will!  But mostly it'll be fat quarters or specific lengths for a quilt I'm working on.

So now, I have reached the point that I can go to the basement and start working on whatever I want to work on.  I can load a quilt (I just loaded a kid's quilt) and quilt it whenever I go down there.  

I still have some paper down there to deal with, but not a lot.  I am in the process of trying to sell my pantographs, red snappers, and rulers for the longarm that I no longer need.  I also have a couple of boxes to go to the donation center again, but I can see daylight now and feel much better having gotten rid of stuff and reorganized what I'm keeping.  I am not planning on ever having to declutter again.  I am not keeping stuff I don't need or don't use.  And, hopefully, I made things a little easier for my daughter when I'm gone!

Until next time.....blessings.

No comments :