Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Spring is here

Spring is here, but who knows for how long!
I've been down with a nasty cold and cough and finally started feeling better this morning, so I actually went outside and did some raking of leaves:


 (Looking from driveway to center of yard).
 I raked under the shrubs next to the driveway and under the shrubs next to the front of the house.  Still haven't finished raking the front yard.  This pile is where there is a bald spot in the front yard - we think the former owners put a kids pool there and killed the grass completely.  
Anyway - every fall Burlington vacuums any leaves you rake or blow into the street.  Honestly, I know the former owners did not bother doing that last fall and between a messy willow tree that I had taken down last month and a few other big trees around here, the leaves are a foot deep in some spots.  I had to go buy paper lawn and leaf bags so I can bag up all the leaves and take them myself to the compost site.  It's going to be a lot of work - but hopefully look a whole lot better when it's done.
It felt really good to get outside -- it was above 50 degrees today!  I'm hoping I won't be so sore that I can't get out and at least get these leaves cleaned up and hopefully rake some more!
It's going to be fun to plant some things and clean up the rest of the yard this year.  Apparently, the former owners never planted anything - at least nothing that flowers or if they did, they planted things in the wrong place -- like beautiful burning bushes right under the eaves in the front of the house -- way too small an area for a burning bush.  We're going to try to trim them down to almost the ground to see if we can control their growth a bit - otherwise I'll need to take them out completely.
I've not done any quilting or sewing this week at all, so I'm going to be even further behind than usual!
Until next time....blessings.

No comments :