Sunday, February 18, 2018

Decluttering Big Time!

First, yesterday was my grandson, AJ's 14th birthday.
His grandfather gave him his first shaver!

So, today I've been cleaning up my messes. I finally straightened out the spare room and got rid of the clutter.  Still need to reorganize the closet in there, but the clutter is gone:

Then I decided to clean out the dry sink in the dining area.  I had tons of candles and candle holders and Scentsy and etc. in the spare room and in the dry sink.  I have now thrown out a lot of old candles and holders, organized what is left in the dry sink and the bottom drawer holds cards and card games, etc. (who really needs two dozen decks of cards?)
And then I went to the office and cleaned out the closet in there:
I have spent half the day shredding papers and haven't made a dent.  I fixed a black trash bag in a box and have unloaded the shredder 4 times so far:
And I still have more to shred, but needed to give the shredder a break for the rest of the day, it was getting tired!:
But that's the rest of the stuff in the office that needs cleaned up.  I have not cleaned out the file cabinets, so there will be more shredding when I do, and I know there are two more bankers boxes of paper that will mostly get shredded.
I'm getting pretty serious about cleaning out and decluttering.  Never have to move this stuff again.  I took the second car load of stuff to the Rockford Rescue Mission on Friday.  I'll hopefully not have too much more to go, but I still have some tubs to clean out in the sewing room, so who knows!
Feeling pretty accomplished today!
Until next time.....blessings.



 
 
 

1 comment :

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Wow that is an impressive amount of decluttering you have done. You are inspiring me to do some more.