Friday, February 09, 2018

Time for Celebration!

I have just unpacked the last box from the moving company.  I have put the last bag of packing paper into the garage.  I have tons of broken down boxes to haul out to the garage, but I am done unpacking!
This was the last box that the jerk movers left in the garage, marked kitchen in basement.  
I had to bring the wrapped stuff in because the box was too heavy to move.  So, there you see the unholy amount of paper they use and I need to get rid of.  It fits into a large black trash bag and I still have a bunch of those!
These are the last of the quilts I had stored in bins and I'll carry a few up every time I go upstairs.  I'm putting them in the fabric cabinet that the jerk movers refused to move to the basement, so now they reside in the spare room.

And these two pictures are the storage area.  The two clear and one lavender bins are empty for now.  The big box on the left is batting.  I will eventually go thru every bin I have and reduce the amount of stuff in them!  I have unpacked, but I have not started to put things away yet.  I'm keeping a bunch of the book size boxes to put stuff in to haul to the donation centers -- it's going to take awhile!  Also throwing stuff out or put in the recycling bin to get rid of.  This is going to be a major purge!

And, today, I cleared the drive of 8" of snow, walked a block down to mailbox and back and did a lot of bending and lifting, so I'm counting it as my 10 minutes of exercise.  My neighbor came over and used his big blower to clear the end of my drive!  The plows come thru and tear up the road, which is gravel, and dump it just past the end of my drive.  So I end up with a lot of gravel in the two feet beyond my concrete pad.  I'm afraid to ruin my snowblower with the gravel, so I shoveled a little bit of it, but gave up!  Figured I'd go out later and give it another go, but he came over and did it for me.  God bless him!
So, that's been my day and it's only noon.  Gonna eat some lunch and load a quilt!
Until next time....Blessings.
 
 
 

No comments :