Monday, February 05, 2018

More Unpacking

I had a CT scan this morning, and had to wait til 2 pm for the results, so I did nothing all day!  The results were:  No Pulmonary Embolism.  Pain is probably muscular. (I think a combination of unpacking and the stress of dealing with the awful movers I hired). 
I decided I needed to do something productive after that, so unpacked 6 boxes in the spare room -- the last 6 boxes!  Two big ones had candles and Misc. decor and all the pictures I had in the living room and hallway, and my recipe box I've been looking for, and my clock I've been looking for!
The four smaller ones:
Cookbooks, notebooks with quilt stuff in them, and 9 of the magazine holders stuffed with quilt and cooking magazines.  I kept wondering why it said spare room magazines because I did not have these in the office at the other house.  And then I figured it out:  These 4 boxes were from the spare room in the log home!  So, I moved these twice and never opened them at the last place.  Guess what -- I haven't missed them so all the magazines and probably most of the cookbooks are going to Rockford Rescue Mission store!  I will take a bunch every time I go to Rockford!
And, obviously, I just unpacked these and haven't put anything away -- but I'll be getting the empty boxes and paper out of there and start going thru it all as I put things away.  
I still have a few boxes in the basement to unpack and I'm sure a few in the garage.  But, this time I'm unpacking everything and tossing a whole bunch!  
And that's how this day went!  I also had the nurse call in another statin prescription and tomorrow I start back on the health wagon.  Exercise at least 10 minutes every day. Walking is the main exercise -- you can count it if you're walking thru the grocery store for 30 minutes, but getting up from the couch to the kitchen table does not count!  Spark People.
Check out sparkpeople - both for diet and exercise and someone to encourage you if you need it.   I'm committing myself to exercise at least 10 minutes a day, and to watch what I eat -- healthier of course. Next weigh-in is Feb. 25.  I go back to Dr. in May for lab work and I hope to be at least 15 pounds lighter and have my blood sugar and blood pressure back under control, not to mention my cholesterol.
Until next time....blessings.

1 comment :

Melody said...

So glad it wasn't anything serious! Good luck with everything.