Sunday, January 07, 2018

The rest of the pics

So today I actually worked in the basement.  And, I actually quilted a quilt! Yay me!  So this first pic is of the thread holder that Aaron hung up for me yesterday:


 It feels really good to have my thread corralled again.  Problem is, I discovered today that I have no idea where the rest of my thread is -- the stuff I sew with and the stuff I applique with -- it's somewhere around here!
.
This lovely mess is the overflow of tote bags I have.  After getting the quilt done today, I spent time sorting thru things and vacuuming the basement.  I've already thrown away 6-7 bags and I still have too many.  The ones that are left on the floor there are filled with fabric scraps for whatever reason, so I need to sort all that out too.
This side is a little tidier!  I did manage to clean out one drawer that the movers just threw things into and found my small oiler that I was looking for -- but because they just threw it in the drawer, it leaked all over the other stuff in there.  No real harm done -- just irritating!  Anyway, that was one drawer I managed to get sorted out -- containing parts and things for the longarm, so that was a good thing.  The movers wrapped up things like pens, and small things, so they got unwrapped and thrown into a drawer in the antique table, so there are a lot of drawers I have to clean out and I still have plenty of boxes to unpack yet.
I had a couple more pictures, but blogger won't let me upload them.  So, one was my ruler holder that goes on the wall that Aaron put up for me and the other was what I did to my design wall.  I've been using a photographic stand for my design wall -- with a big piece of batting attached to it.  Well, it was taking up too much space (this basement is not as wide as the last one was), so I just tacked the batting to the wall behind the table. Takes up no space and I won't trip on it every time I try to get to it!
Really felt good to work in the basement again and to quilt a quilt!  I need to piece some backings for homeless quilts now.  I have the tops already here, so need to get busy on the backings.

Until next time.....Blessings.


 

2 comments :

Kristie said...

Nice that you are quilting again! Your basement is looking really good! I recently did a big clean up after my Christmas rush of customer quilts. It was so bad...I was actually starting to step on things so it was time to clean. I am able to enjoy it now and get some things done. I love your thread collection, it looks so neat and organized.
Blessings...
Kristie

Carolyn said...

So happy to see you quilting again! I have to tell you, watching what you've been going through with this move is making me want to clean out my house, room by room and get rid of all the junk and clutter that has moved in during the last 18 years that we've lived here! I've been going through the filing cabinet in my sewing room and have pitched so much...imagine what the rest of a 5 bedroom house must hold!