Saturday, January 06, 2018

Settling

My dear son-in-law spent 3 hours here this morning hanging things for me, with the help of my oldest grandson.  So, I now have all the drapes/curtains hung that I have planned for now.  I'm really pleased with them and we also changed the living room around so it is more workable.  He also hung one of my quilt hangers.  So, today I'll show you the stuff he did upstairs.
The redesigned living room with the drapes fixed (I had them up, but couldn't get the old hardware that the former owner put up out of the way, so Aaron got that down and put up the center brace to the curtain rod, so now the drapes hang straight.
And he hung the quilt hanger for me, so I found a quilt to hang there.  The whole wall behind the couch will be done another time -- I have an idea I want to try out -- but not pressing to get that done!
He hung the rod so I could finally hang the valance I bought right after I moved in!
Finally got the butt-ugly drapery rod and so called drapes off the dining room doors.  These drapes match the ones in the living room and the valance in the kitchen.  They are too long, so I need to take them up a couple of inches, but not today!
And the bedroom drapes -- there are two windows here - about 59" wide.  All that was there was two paper shades that were literally falling apart.  The drapes don't match anything yet, but I love having them up there anyway!
I'm sure it was a long day and a lot of work for Aaron, but I can't tell you how pleased I am to have this done.  And, Steph needed some boxes for some projects at the pre-school, so he took a bunch of boxes home with him!  Woo hoo!

I'll show you what he did in the basement tomorrow!  I still have some work to do down there, but I think I might even get a quilt loaded tomorrow!

Until next time....Blessings.



 

1 comment :

Kristie said...

Wonderful! I can imagine that you are very pleased. Everything looks so nice.
Blessings...
Kristie