Monday, January 08, 2018

Monday's progress

Today, I did laundry, walked down the street to the mailbox, spent an hour breaking down boxes and bagging papers in the garage -- you can actually get in and out of the car now! And, brought 2 card tables and a 4 ft folding table in that shouldn't have been in the garage in the first place -- loved those movers - NOT!  Also found a "wall shelf" that shouldn't have been out there either.  I'd been hunting all over for it.  
Then spent the rest of the day in the basement.  Cleaned out my go-bag and re-filled it with my applique projects -- I think there are four different projects in the bag!  And, cleaned out a couple of drawers and threw away a few more totes and brought one over to the sewing area that is full of fabric.  I probably made a bigger mess than I planned, but at least its my mess!  Also found my other thread, so now need to put up the printer's drawer I was using to put my thread in!
Then, I oiled my sewing machine and put needles in both machines.
And, I finally pieced a block -- I'm way behind on Legendary Love bom, but I have block 2 pieced now!
 And here it is on my design wall!  Block 3 is like 16 blocks -- all the same.  Haven't even started that one and I'll pick up block 4 on Friday!
Didn't do a few things I had planned, but spent the time in the sewing room anyway and it still felt good!
Until next time.....Blessings. 

P.S. - Carolyn, your mail didn't go thru today - so here's what I wrote back:
Oh boy!  I just spent an hour in the attached garage now that it's above freezing out there. First, I need to break down boxes and fill trash bags with paper - the recycling truck only comes once every two weeks and I have it full right after they empty it. Still have the 2 unopened boxes out there that belong in the basement - and they are clearly marked.
But, good for you - it's going to take me a long time - probably more than a year, but it's way past time to get rid of stuff. I remember cleaning out my parent's house - my dad was a packrat. I don't want to leave my daughter with a mess like that.  So, posting on my blog keeps me motivated, if no one else!

1 comment :

Kristie said...

Sounds like you had a very productive day. A little at a time you will get it all finished. Love your blocks. I'm sure it felt really good to sew. :)
Blessings...
Kristie