Thursday, January 04, 2018

January 4, 2018

So, yesterday I had planned on cleaning up the office a bit (this will be a long-term job as I intend to shred a lot of paper and organize what is left!).
Then I got the mail and in it was a notice from my drug policy provider that said they had terminated me as of 12/31.  Ok, but I applied for a different policy from same company that was fine for WI instead of IL.  I even double checked with them when I changed it over.  And, they sent me the payment book with the new payment amount on it.  Huh, called them up -- no record of me having the new insurance.  So.... two hours later, all of which was spent on the phone, first with Ins. co. and then with Medicare, and I am now enrolled in the new policy, same company, but coverage won't start til Feb. 1, 2018.  I cannot tell you how helpful
the girl at Medicare was.  I think she said her name was Casey Jones!  She was wonderful.  Even did a comparison of drug prices between Walmart and Walgreens.  I was greatly impressed and thankful!
So, here's a shot of the office that I actually straightened up today.  I have a closet in here that will eventually be cleaned out and I will eventually fill the shelves that were left in here by the previous owner.  But at least I can find the counter top now.

Steph came over this afternoon after work and helped me move the longarm into a better working position and moved a bookcase into the storage area.  The basement is coming along, albeit slowly.  But I hope to at least load a quilt sometime this weekend.  My DSIL will be over on Saturday to take down and hang up things in the basement and main floor.  It is beginning to look like a house now!

Oh, and the treadmill man came to fix the treadmill yesterday, and I wrote a letter to the moving company detailing the mess they left here - having not moved most of the stuff to the basement - instead leaving it in the garage for me to move myself, and sending them the bill for the treadmill repair, since they broke it.  Waiting to hear back from them. 

And here's a surprise to me:  I fixed another stir-fry for lunch for Steph and me today -- and I actually enjoyed fixing it.  I like cooking so much better about noon than anytime after 4 pm!  I have more energy, my mind isn't complete mush yet, and I'm actually liking to cook!  (And I hate to cook! lol) Surprise!

Until next time.....Blessings.
 

No comments :