Sunday, January 21, 2018

Quilting Stuff

I've managed to spend a couple days in the quilt studio this weekend.  I've quilted two kids quilts and one homeless quilt so far, and loaded another homeless quilt.  I seamed 8 backings for the homeless quilts and labeled two of them, need to make more labels.  I also spent days doing the 16 blocks for Legendary Loves:

 Those red and cream blocks are a pain to put together.  And there's a lot more red and cream blocks to do on this quilt -- which I may or may not do!
I've been cleaning out stuff when I go to the basement lately.  Threw out some things, set aside some things to give away, etc.  And haven't even started going thru books!  I've gone thru some of my applique projects -- I have one where I have done 6 blocks of a 12 block quilt - and I'm not loving it, so I'll put the 6 together and give it away!  I found an oak leaf applique quilt I started in 2005!  All the fabric is with it, but only 3 blocks are done, so I'll put them together and make a table runner.  I know I'm never going to finish any more than that!  I need to get back in the habit of cutting fabric too.  We're meeting again on Friday to sew homeless quilts and I don't have anything ready for our beginner quilters to work on.
I have to say it felt good working in the basement this weekend.  Hope to find another day or two during the week.
Until next time.....Blessings.

1 comment :

Kristie said...

Sounds like you had a very productive weekend. Love those quilt blocks on your design wall!
Blessings...
Kristie