Thursday, January 18, 2018

Finally - new oven!

When I first moved here, I opened the oven door and knew I should have paid more attention to the main floor than the basement!  This is what the oven looked like:
Not only was it disgustingly filthy, but in the upper corners it looked like there had been a fire in it.  It is a self-cleaning oven, but there was no way I was going to turn it on and let it heat to 5-600 degrees.  I called the appliance place -- they came out and I told them to just order me a new one -- I was not going to burn the darn house down right after I moved in!
So, today the new oven was installed:
How's that for shiny and new!  I fixed a frozen pizza in it tonight and it was delicious!  I'm a happy camper!
I had to wait til 4 pm before they came to install it, so I baked a loaf of bread in the breadmaker for the first time in probably almost two years.  And I spent the whole day at my kitchen table working on a couple of applique projects.  Hint -- the lighting is not good at the kitchen table!  But, I finished three blocks that I had in queue - one just needed embroidery, one had to finish the applique and the embroidery and the third one I had to take an applique off and put a new one on - I changed the darn onion, Nancy!
And then I started working on another one, but only got a couple of pieces appliqued before they showed up.  I really needed to work in the basement, but that will have to wait til tomorrow.
Until next time.....Blessings!

1 comment :

Kristie said...

YAY!!! Nice to have a new oven!!!
Kristie