Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Busyness

I don't even have pictures, but I've been busy.  And today, I finally fired up the Instant Pot and made split pea soup and it was actually delicious!  I have never made split pea soup - my mom used to make it all the time -- but I wasn't about to taste that green stuff! I think I'll be using the Instant Pot a lot more!  And, Thursday, I finally get my new oven installed.
Today I got my hair cut and got the name of a contractor to make some changes in the kitchen (just a sink, faucet and backsplash for the cooktop), and both bathrooms.  If you ever need the name of someone for any type of work -- best source ever is your hairdresser!
I've used the snowblower two days in a row -- works pretty well, but the cord is really annoying!
And, I've been doing some applique (last Friday at Pecatonica), and some piecing (in my still-messy sewing room), and some reading and very little knitting.  Also opened a couple of boxes of books - quilt books and cook books.  Mostly, I've just been doing the same mundane things we all do - clean house, cook when we have to, etc.!
Next time I'll have pictures!
Until then.....Blessings.
 

1 comment :

Kristie said...

Sounds like you have been very productive.
Kristie