Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Wednesday's adventures

I spent most of the day cleaning and organizing the master bathroom.  I don't know if you can tell from the picture, but the painted walls match the blue/green of the sink ---- which in no way matches the green tub!  Hopefully, next year I will have the tub and ceramic tile taken out and replaced with a one piece tub/shower and change out the sink to white!  Eventually I will replace the flooring, but not high on the list right now.
And this is the master bedroom.  The bath runs right into this room, but this room is painted blue, not green!  I have not vacuumed yet -- I had the wrong bags for my vacuum and had to order them and they came today, so maybe Friday I'll vacuum!  I had 3 boxes in the bath to unpack and one in the bedroom.  I also put up a curtain rod in this bedroom.  I ordered curtains that will be here this week sometime -- but they will in no way match the paint job!  I like them and will repaint the room next summer (well, mostly Stephanie will repaint the room!)
Also got a call from the appliance company and they have ordered a new oven for me -- not cheap -- but I won't have to worry about burning the house down!  I have no idea how long it will take to get it.
Trying to get someone to call me back about plowing snow for the winter.  Called two places so far.
And, yesterday I got my hair cut - short!  And less than half the price of the hairdresser I've been going to for more than 20 years.  And, I like the cut -- which I hadn't liked the cut for a long time in Rockford.
And, last but not least, last night was Will's fifth grade band Christmas program.  They played two songs at the beginning and two hours later, they
 played in the finale!  Grandma and Briana did not stay for the whole thing -- only for Will's part -- he plays the clarinet and was on the end seat towards the audience so it was great.
Tomorrow I take my car in for winterizing - to Marden's in Rockford -- I trust them and don't know about any here in Burlington.  Meeting Lori and Nancy for lunch afterwards - looking forward to it - I think I need another break!
Until next time....Blessings.
 

No comments :