Saturday, December 16, 2017

Making Progress

The last few days I have made some progress.  And also met with some friends -- a much needed break.
This is half of the living room.  Can't get all my furniture in the way I want to and had it in the other house, but its there and I'll get used to it.  I did change out the lousy drapes they had in there, but still need to replace the curtain rods. I couldn't get the screws out, so have to wait for my son-in-law to do it for me.  What is with curtains/drapes nowadays?  I ordered 72"x 63" lined panels and that's exactly what I got - panels.  There is no extra fabric in them at all -- closed they barely meet in the middle and there is no gathering or pleats, or anything extra.  You have to buy two sets in order to get enough fabric.  I hate it.  I ordered curtains for the bedroom and ordered two sets to make sure I had enough to cover the window -- since it's actually 79" wide -- double windows.
And this is the dining area of the kitchen.  Originally had the two side cabinets of the Hoosier cabinet in here, but Steph and I moved them downstairs on Friday.  The drapes in here are atrocious, so they will be replaced as soon as Aaron can come over and take them down for me.
All in all, I'm making some progress -- just trying to get boxes out of here for Christmas, since I am having Christmas day here! No oven, but we're going to fake it!  Haven't put my china in the cabinet at all -- that shall remain in boxes until I get around to having the room painted.  I will have someone come in and paint the living room/dining room/kitchen and hallway.  The living room has an angled ceiling that is very high -- so I will pay someone to paint!
Had a wonderful time this morning at breakfast with Pastor Chris and Lori.  He's loving his new job at Rosecrance and it is so wonderful to hear him talk -- he's full of enthusiasm and feels good because he's actually helping people and seeing the results.  He considers it the perfect job for him and to hear him talk -- it is!  They found a great person for the spiritual leader I can tell you.

I did put my tree up this evening -- still need to find the outlet strip to connect the lights to and then actually decorate it!  In due time!
Until next time....Blessings and Merry Christmas to you all.




No comments :