Monday, December 11, 2017

TA DA!

This is the master bathroom.  It had a lousy bamboo roman shade that actually broke at the window and it did not entice me to use the bathroom at all.  Plus, its filthy.  But, this afternoon I did this:
Blinds!  I not only bought the right size, but I managed to install them myself.  Pretty proud of myself!
 'Course, this is what the rest of the bathroom looks like right now:
I did manage to clean out the shelves and drawers and install nice shelf paper, that is much easier to clean than the wood.  As Scarlet would say, "Tomorrow is another day."
I did clean the main bath today.
I also contacted an appliance company - the owner is a woman and she and her sidekick came out to take measurements of the oven and area around it.  I am not taking any chances with the oven, so just having it replaced.  
Also called a snow plow company, but they haven't called me back yet.
Also made an appointment to take my car into my car guy in Rockford on Thursday at 10.
Tomorrow I'm hoping to find a hair stylist -- got a couple different ones to call in Burlington. My hair is driving me stark raving mad - I know, that's only a short walk!
And Steph is coming over one afternoon this week - either Wed. or Friday and helping me move a few pieces around.  When I was out today, I moved some empty boxes and brought a couple of Christmas boxes inside (they should all have been brought to the basement by the movers!).  Also found a wardrobe box in the garage, clearly marked Clothing, Basement!  Thanks for leaving that in the garage too you morons.  
When they moved me from Byron to Rockford, they were great -- this time not so much.  I would not recommend them to anyone.
Well, getting time to heat up leftover chili for supper!
Until next time....Blessings.
 
 

1 comment :

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Your blinds look great. It is always a chore to get things unpacked and organized for regular living, and finding your new normal. I wish you well with the rest of it.