Sunday, December 31, 2017

Happy New Year's Eve!

I see I haven't posted in a few days.  I've been busy unpacking.  I did manage to have a couple of melt downs this weekend.  The sheer enormity of this move just overwhelmed me.  I have no where to put boxes and papers.  I've started filling trash bags with the papers from unwrapping things and I mostly break down the boxes, but it'll be months before I find my garage and the rest of the stuff the idiot movers left out there.
This is just one side of the garage.  All those bags are just papers to be recycled.  The problem is, in Burlington, they only pick up recycling every other week!  That large can amidst the bags is the recycling bin.  And the rule is, they do not pick up anything outside the bin! And they just picked up on Friday.  It is already full for pickup in two weeks! It is seriously going to take me all summer to get rid of all this stuff.  Maybe I can find a recycling station somewhere.
It got so bad that I started keeping the boxes in the house:
That's in the dining room.  I also have some in the basement!
Anyway, I am making progress and I hauled all the paper and boxes out of the main part of the basement so I don't have to look at them anymore!

As I was doing my meditation and reading this morning, I came across this, from Romans 6:4, with Paul speaking, "walk in newness of life." What a great thought to carry into the new year.  Everything old we can leave behind with 2017, and walk in the newness of life in 2018. Sounds like a plan to me!
Until next time....blessings.  And Happy New Year!
 
 

No comments :