Monday, January 01, 2018

New Day, New Year

"What is coming is better than what is gone."
                                                      - Arabic Proverb
Saw that this morning on Simple Reminders. Something to think about anyway! 
I spent most of today doing a few things, but relaxing too!  Slept in this morning since I didn't get to bed til 11 last night, because I was catching up on Outlander on a 7 day free trial of Starz!

Besides laundry, this is what I spent some time on today.  This is my fabric cabinet that the movers refused to put in the basement where my quilt studio and fabric are.  So, I have now converted it to my quilt storage cabinet.  I only have a couple of my bins emptied and put in it as of today.  A few more bins to do!

Also been working on my goals for this year.  I want to make these into habits:
Pray more, be more grateful.
Read more, watch tv less, spend less time on FB.
Clean out 1 drawer, shelf, bin, or box, etc. at least 3 times a week. This includes giving away, throwing away, or saving whatever is in the container.  I spent a whole lot of money to move a whole lot of stuff that I don't even want or use.  It's ridiculous!  I still have quite a few boxes to go thru and I also want to clean out drawers and shelves.  So far, I'm not putting stuff away that I don't use or want, and I think it's a good time to do this. But, it will be an ongoing project for probably the entire year.  I've started going thru a few magazines at night.  And, of course, being a quilter I probably have 500 quilting magazines and they just take up space - I rarely go thru them anymore and there's always thousands of patterns available for anything I want to make without even looking at the magazines.  I'm thinking 99% will be recycled -- I'll put them in the bin to hold down the papers!
Last goal for now:  learn to use my Instant Pot and do a lot more healthy cooking.  Hopefully I'll get an oven soon!
 Hope 2018 will be wonderful for all of us.
Until next time....Blessings.



 

1 comment :

Kristie said...

Sounds like you have a good plan! That is exactly what I need to do as well. You always make such pretty quilts.
Blessings...
Kristie