Tuesday, December 26, 2017

After Christmas

I hope everyone had a nice Christmas. Lots of family, lots of food!  So today is the beginning of our healthy goals challenge.  I weighed myself this morning and wrote it down (memory ain't what it used to be!)  Then I spent a half an hour on my recumbent bike, once I figured out how to hook up the wires to make it recumbent -- thank you very much you lousy movers.

I finally reorganized the pantry and threw out a lot of old spices and things I don't use/want/need.  No, I didn't donate to the food pantry -- if I'm not going to use them/eat them, I'm sure not going to try to foist them on someone else who really needs a decent meal.
I also did my laundry and put it away -- still have 4 tops I need to iron -- and they will be done today!
And then, I spent a couple of hours doing this:

I am woman, hear me roar!  Yes, I put this snowblower together by myself.  Hardest part was getting it out of the box!  I just followed all the instructions and there you go.  An electric snowblower!  I had tried to hire a couple of different companies to plow my drive, but apparently it's too late in the season, or they didn't want my money, because no one agreed.  So, I bought an electric one with a cord (I tried to buy a cordless one -- but absolutely no one had it in stock or could order it -- so there you go.)  My driveway is 2-1/2 cars wide, but not that long and the street is gravel, so I will only be doing my drive and if I can keep it up, it shouldn't be too bad - a few inches at a time!
Next up is to sort thru all my clothes in closet and drawers and only keep the stuff I really wear.  I'll be donating the rest to the church for their clothing give-away in the spring.  
My son-in-law did get my longarm leveled, so I do need to get fabric put away so I can see what I have to work on.  
They also changed out the water filter in the basement that hadn't been changed in months, if at all, so we're good there, too.

So, how did everyone else do today?  For dinner tonight I'm having a salad and probably a slice of ham or two.
Until next time...Blessings for you and yours.


 

No comments :