Friday, February 10, 2017

A Little More Work Done

Today I was expecting delivery of my new bed - I bought a Sleep Number bed to replace the 30 year old mattress and box springs I've been sleeping on.  Normally, if I'm waiting for something, I don't seem to get much of anything done, but they called this morning and said I was 5th in line and estimated afternoon delivery.
So, I went downstairs. 
I finished my first Dresden Plate block, and started the second.
I actually cut some of the fabrics on the cutting table and moved them to the counter where my Go Big is situated.  I did cut out a few of the tumbler blocks, but I think I'll just press and cut the fabrics into strips until I have the mess cleaned up on the table before I cut the rest of the tumblers.
And, since I finished the quilt on the frame the other day, I loaded another afterwards and quilted it this morning.  I'm trying to use some of the 1000's of patterns I have with the Statler, so the other day I used one that looks like ferns and it took awhile to run a line, so I had time in between to clean off the table.  Today's pattern was Arrows, going in every direction, but it was a quick pattern to sew, so I just pressed and cut fabric in between each row of the quilt.
And then I managed to load the quilt below for quilting tomorrow.  I have a new pattern called Daisy (something or other), so that's what I will set up tomorrow to run.  These are all quilts for the homeless that I do.  My group pieces the tops and I quilt them.
So, I managed to turn a wasted morning into a constructive morning. and they came about 1:15 to put the bed up.  Took them less than 45 minutes - and they actually build the bed from the ground up.  I can't wait to go to bed tonight and hopefully not wake up with a back ache!  And, of course, technology being what it is, I can change the settings of the sleep number from my phone! LOL  And, it keeps track of how well you sleep, etc. after a few nights of sleep!  How did we ever live without our bed telling us how we slept?!
Until next time.....blessings.
 

No comments :