Sunday, May 01, 2016

May1

Hey, look at me - two posts on two consecutive days!
 I had a late start today, had to count money after church! But came home, changed clothes and even put on my walking shoes.  Ate some lunch, then came down and quilted this first quilt, which I had loaded yesterday afternoon.  It's one of our quilts for the homeless -- most of them are really scrappy and I just do an edge to edge pattern over them.  Quick and easy.
 So, then I loaded the next one - to be finished tomorrow or whatever day I get back to the basement!   It's basted as far as its going to get til I start rolling it, so just need to set up the Statler, put the side tensioners on and the magnets on the belly bar to hold the top.  Easy Peasy!
 While the quilt was stitching, I cut more fabrics -- I've been cutting leftover 2-1/2" strips into 6-1/2" lengths to make rail fence quilts - again for the homeless project.  There's 6 or 7 ladies that sew the tops together at church for me to quilt, but some are new quilters, so I try to have pieces cut for them to sew.  

So, also on my to-do list was make spaghetti sauce.  I tried a new recipe from an online friend:  when you're eating vegan, you just try to add veggies to everything you cook!  So that's what I did.  It was good and I have lots leftover already in containers on the counter waiting for them to cool enough to freeze.  I have one comment:  everytime I'm anywhere near spaghetti sauce, I wear it!  I never order spaghetti in a restaurant because I will for sure be wearing it before I leave!

The only thing that I didn't do on my list today was walk on the treadmill - and I'm way too tired to do it now, so no where near 1/2 of the 7000 steps I was aiming for.  
As Scarlet says,"Tomorrow is another day."

Until next time....blessings.

No comments :