Friday, November 20, 2015

Sttching Up a Storm - Snow that is

We are in the path of the snow coming from the west -- supposed to start this evening -- 5"-8" when all is said and done.  Of course I have family coming over Sunday for Thanksgiving, but pretty sure the roads will be cleared by then -- and my driveway!

So, I've been working on the 9-patches to clean off my table top.  Have all the strips sewn together:
And as of today, I have all the 3-patches cut.  Have you ever used this ruler:  It's called a Shape Cut by June Tailor.  It made short work of cutting all the 3-patches, although there were so many that I took a break yesterday from standing at the cutting table so long and finished up this morning.  You can cut in one inch and one half inch increments, so I could trim, cut 1-1/2, 3, 4-1/2, 6, etc. increments all the way across the strip up to 12" before I have to move ruler or fabric.
So this is what the 3-patches look like:  doesn't look like much, but let me tell you it's a lot!
I started sewing them together this morning and got so bored I thought I'd fall asleep at the machine.  So, I had this little kids quilt cut out already, so started piecing it together between the 6-patches!  The rows are altogether, but it was taking up too much space on the sewing table, so I'll piece the rows together into a top before I start the 9- patches again.
And finally, these are all the 6-patches done -- another day's worth of sewing to make them 9-patches and I'm really, really tired of sewing them together.  They will get set aside when they are done for another time to make into a quilt!
Since I need to bake pies and prep the turkey and stuffing tomorrow, I probably won't get back to the sewing room til Monday or Tuesday.

Until next time.....blessings.
 

1 comment :

Melody said...

They look great! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!