Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Catching Up

I have been doing a little sewing:  These are 1-1/2 inch strips that were already cut and donated to make homeless quilts.  I have already pieced two homeless quilts from these and now I want to be done with them!  So, these will become 9-patches and eventually made into another homeless quilt.
These are 2-1/2" strips also leftover from donated fabric and they will eventually become 16 patches.  My goal is to get all of these strips sewn together and off my table! Really, really tired of looking at them.
I have been quilting kids quilts also - did two today and loaded a third to start tomorrow.  We already have 14 finished, so will be giving some away to the kids at church the Sunday after Thanksgiving.

Speaking of Thanksgiving, I'm in prep mode this week as we have our Thanksgiving this Sunday, so the kids don't have to go to lots of different family places on the day.  And our church has a free Thanksgiving dinner from 11-1 on Thanksgiving Day, so I'll be volunteering to help out there that day. Win-win for everyone involved!

And today I have another therapy session.  They'll be doing their measurements to see how far I've come first.  Then I see the doctor next Monday, and hopefully last therapy session next Tuesday! Thumb doesn't hurt, but not sure it will come back far enough to applique again.  I have been able to hand stitch bindings down, so that's a good sign.

Until next time....blessings.

No comments :