Wednesday, December 09, 2015

Been Awhile

So, this is some of what I've been up to:  today I finished piecing the 9-patches -- 235 of them to be exact.  And I can tell you I am putting them away for now, but hope to make them into a homeless quilt sometime next year.  Right now I'm sick of 9 patches!

I also have been quilting kids quilts to be given away.  We've given away 12 to the kids at church, and aiming for 50 more to give to the Motherhouse Crisis Nursery in Rockford, IL.
It takes about twice as long to load these little quilts as it does for the Statler to quilt them!  I quilted 3 this afternoon, and loaded another one to start with next time.  They are only 36" square, but the kids at church loved theirs.

I'm done with therapy on my hand.  Still have some fine motor skills to get back, but I'm right handed and I don't have fine motor skills there either! (smile).  I have tried to knit a little and as long as I don't try to use tiny needles (like I was using for knitting socks), I think it's going to work.  I don't knit fast, or for very long, but so far I don't have pain - and that was the point! And if the fabric isn't too thin, I can hold pieces together for appliqueing too.

Last week I was down with a cold, so that put me out of commission for a week -- just couldn't even drag myself downstairs to sew or quilt.  I did read a lot.  I'm now half way through book 7 of the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon.  One more after this one.  Sometimes the story gets a little bogged down, but I've been pretty good about perservering!

I'm making a list of projects/things I want to accomplish next year. It'll be a general list -- probably not any hard deadlines to finish, but I have so many things that are half done, or almost finished and a lot that have a long way to go yet, so I want to at least get them a little organized in my mind!  There will be a few things that will have deadlines on them too. 

Until next time....blessings.

No comments :