Wednesday, January 01, 2014

New Year's Resolutions and Goals

Happy New Year!

Although nothing really bad happened last year, I'm just as happy to see it go!
It always feels good to start anew -- fresh slate, etc.

I do make New Year's Resolutions, or Goals.  I've been thinking about them for at least a month, and probably will still be thinking about new ones the whole month of January!  I do the normal ones - lose weight, exercise more, etc.  But this year I have a few different ones.

I used to write to-do lists every day and actually got a lot done by following the list and crossing things off.  I never made them so long that it would take more than a day to finish.  Some things get moved to the next day, but I try to make a list that is doable.  For some reason over the past year or more, I got away from making my to-do list.  Part of it was because I thought I was being too anal about it.  But for whatever reason, I stopped making lists consistently.  But, when I have a list, I get a lot more done -- I stay focused on the task at hand.  So, first on my New Year's Resolutions is to write a to-do list every day.  Mind you, posting this blog page was not on the list today! vbg

Second on the Resolution list is finish this pair of socks.  And it is added to my to-do list every day - knit two rounds on the socks!
I started this pair last fall -- I had a pair on the two circular needles with yarn that I love, and made it all the way to the heel turn and then screwed up somehow and because I'm new at this knitting thing, I couldn't figure out how to rip back to where I started messing up, so I had to rip them up completely.  I saved the yarn and will go back and use it some day, but in the meantime, I'm going to learn how to finish this pair on the needles.  I'm a very slow knitter, but I love knitted socks, so I'll keep at it until they are finished!  So that's my second goal for the new year.  I'll share more next time!
Until next time....blessings.

No comments :