Thursday, January 02, 2014

More Resolutions

Lest you think I'm not making any progress on the socks, I am doing other knitting also!  This is the second hat I've made -- these are for the hat and mitten tree at church that we give to school children in our neighborhood.  I can't think of a better way to practice my knitting skills than to make something for needy children.  My plan is to continue to knit hats, maybe scarves and mittens, during the year so next year's tree will be full.

My daughter and I were discussing goals and quotes this morning.  Her favorite:  You are never too old to make a new goal or dream a new dream. - C.S. Lewis

One I just ran across today:  Good habits make all the difference. - Aristotle

Steph had just gotten off the treadmill and we were discussing the fact that I need to get on the treadmill, but just can't force myself to do it.  So, with Aristotle's quote in mind, I'm going to try to establish a new habit of walking on the treadmill after dinner.  The carpenter will be starting my basement work next week, so getting on the treadmill after dinner will be better for scheduling that trying to fit it in before they get here in the morning.

On today's to-do list:  wait for repairman to fix my 3 month old washer -- don't you just love all the electronics that can go wrong on our household equipment?!
I'll also be organizing my knitting supplies in addition to working on the hat above and my socks.  I know what I'm fixing for dinner and now I'm planning on walking after dinner.  Pretty light day all in all!

Until next time....blessings.


No comments :