Sunday, December 22, 2013

Winter Wonderland

The view from my patio doors in the back of the house:


We have at least 6" of snow so far and another inch of ice under the snow.  Needless to say, I'm not going anywhere today!

The electrician is supposed to stop by tomorrow morning so the contractor can get me the final numbers on the basement finish - they are planning to start the first week of January - I can't wait.  So, yesterday I quilted the last quilt for the homeless I can do and got it bound.  Then, oiled the machine and covered it with muslin to keep as much sawdust and dirt off it as possible.  Emptied the built in shelves in the basement, so they can move them to a different area of the basement, loaded up the big table with stuff and moved a few things back upstairs.  As I moved the sewing stuff upstairs, I cleaned out all the drawers and plastic bins and sorted and organized.  Today, I'll be doing more of the same.  Good thing I cleaned out the office, because now I'll be putting stuff back in there -- but no unopened boxes and everything that does have to come upstairs for now will be cleaned out -- decluttered!  It's a project that I was going to do when I unpack the basement, but better to do it now and when the basement is finished, I can just put the things away.  No more saving stuff I don't need. 

Next spring my friend Kris is having another garage sale, so I'll put things in a garage sale pile, and my church does a household goods and clothing give-away once or twice a year, so I will have tons of stuff to donate to that too.  It will be so nice to have room to move around and no clutter to boot!

Until next time....Merry Christmas and many blessings for the New Year.

No comments :