Saturday, July 16, 2011

Playing Catch-UP

It's been a busy summer so far.  As usual, I'm way behind on everything -- the yard, the gardens, my quilting, the house, spending time with grandkids...
Steph and I did take the grandkids to WI Dells the end of June -- I just got the pictures off my camera, so that will be another post :-).
We've had some really hot and humid days and finally the past three days have been wonderful, so I did get some weeding done in the garden -- actually found the tomatoes and peppers and beans.  Hopefully they'll ripen soon.  Also got a little bit of weeding done in the flower beds -- but tons more to do there.  I can't take the heat/humidity, so my time outside is limited.  Thursday I managed to get out at 6:45 am and spent 3 hours working out there -- it was wonderful.  But starting tomorrow the heat and humidity are back for at least a week.
One thing about the weather:  I managed to get some appliqueing done while spending my time in the air conditioning!  So, here are blocks 5, 6, and 7 of the Bunny Hill BOM - Henrietta Whiskers. 






I am now up to date on this BOM and hope I can keep up with it now.  I've been catching up with some quilting too -- still have one I need to put binding on, but finished two other small quilts.  I'll post them in a day or two.


Take care everyone and hope you're enjoying your summer.

2 comments :

McIrish Annie said...

glad you are enjoying your summer. My garden has also gotten the best of me. Lots of rain then sun and plenty of weeds! need to get out there again.

love your applique blocks! enjoy the weather while you can

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh your blocks are wonderful! I love the colors! Summer is going by way too fast for me.