Saturday, August 27, 2011

August is almost gone....

the summer is flying by and I feel like I've been on a roller coaster for the past 3 months!  These are pictures of the grandkids when we went to the Wisconsin Dells in June.

This one is Briana riding the sky high bike at the Tommie Bartlet Exploratory Center.  That's really a long way up!
I've had my house on the market since the 6th of June -- hence the roller coaster ride.  Someone is interested....nothing happens.  Big Open House -- well attended, one couple stays for an hour and a half....nothing happens.  Today, that same couple came back, spent another hour and a half and still can't make up their minds.  So, first I'm leaving, then I'm staying, then I'm looking at other properties to buy, then I'm staying....Now, I'm planning on getting a lot of yard work done and some general outside cleaning; I'll probably go ahead and have the blacktop part of the drive sealed this fall as I was originally planning to do.  I'll do some more whipping into shape of the flower beds and all this with the intention of doing it for my own pleasure, not to sell.  Next week I'm going to put out my fall quilts and my fall decorations and if someone comes along and wants to buy it, fine, but if not, that's okay too.  When the listing runs out, I'll take it off the market for a few years. 

I'm getting back into the quilting groove.  I'm caught up with Bunny Hill's Henrietta Whiskers block of the month, just waiting for the last block to be posted on the 5th and then I'll put it all together.  I've been getting the sewing studio put together the way I want it, so it's a real pleasure to sew in the basement now.  And hopefully, I'll start posting more on the blog, with pictures of quilts! 

'til next time....

No comments :