Saturday, February 28, 2009

The End of February

For being the shortest month of the year, February sure takes its time leaving. Guess it's because we're so tired of winter that we're really looking forward to March and spring.

This is the project I've been working on for the past month -- mostly on the sewing days at Kris'. It's Bonnie Hunter's Starstruck quilt. I brought it home this week and have started putting it on the design wall. I have the top six blocks sewn together, but whenever I go past the room, I add more parts of blocks. Next I'll pin a few and sew them whenever I get the chance. It's going to be a big quilt, so it'll be awhile before I finish it. But, I am loving it already. I've been meaning to do this quilt for years, and am glad I finally started it.

I've also been doing some applique this month and finished sewing the binding down on this quilt today. It'll be a gift. The pattern was from a magazine that I was going through and tearing out patterns to file and I decided to set it aside and do it before I filed the pattern. I made some changes to the original, some intentional and some not! I noticed after I had the top together and was quilting it that I left out the sashing strips altogether! Oh well, that made it smaller and it worked out okay anyway.



Other accomplishments for February: I've lost about 5 pounds and have managed to exercise at least 5 out of 7 days a week. My fasting glucose still hasn't come down much, so I'll just continue exercising and counting carbs and testing myself.

I did manage to get the guest room closet cleaned out and put back together this month -- hope to do some more work in that room in March.

And, I managed to get the taxes filed online -- it took me all day, but we won't go into that!

Gratitudes:

Taxes are done for another year.

I'm making progress on my weight loss, deep cleaning jobs, and my quilts.

5 comments :

Quilts And Pieces said...

Love that look of the star struck so far!

Melody said...

I love those quilts,they are beautiful!

Congrats on finishing your deep cleaning jobs! I am one who puts them off for as long as possible, then very thankful when they are finally done.

And way to go on your exercising and losing weight!! Very impressive!

StitchinByTheLake said...

I've always liked scrap quilts so the first quilt is definitely one I'd love. But that second quilt - just stunning! blessings, marlene

Melody said...

There is an award waiting for you at my blog! :-)

McIrish Annie said...

Really like both of your quilts. Good job on the exercising! Keep up the good work. that is soo hard for me to do. I still have to do my taxes! hate doing them!!