Thursday, January 15, 2009

Cutting Scraps

This week after finishing whatever project or errand or chore I have planned in the morning/early afternoon, I've spent some time at the cutting table and ironing board. These 4-1/2" squares are the rest of the parts I need for Starstruck (www.quiltville.com), and I pieced the strips Monday afternoon, and pressed them Tuesday afternoon and cut them to size yesterday afternoon!

And this pile on the left is the rest of a bag of strips that I pressed the other day. They are waiting to be cut into strips and squares. I really need to get them cut and filed -- I found while working with the Starstruck pieces that it would be really easy to just pull all the red 2-1/2" squares for the next part, except I don't have enough red squares cut. I'll have to cut from stash for the ones I need now, but I really want to get my scraps cut and filed for future quilts. I have all the bins sorted and pressed and cut into specific sizes now, but I still have a ton of scraps to do.
These are the ones that I did cut from the pile on the left. I am making progress -- just kinda slow. But I'm going to try to work a bit on it each day or as often as I can.
Gratitudes:
Boy, am I thankful for the kitchen fireplace today! It was -20°F at 8 am this morning, wind chills of -30° and -40° all day. It is supposed to be worse tonight and tomorrow morning before it starts warming up again. (Warming, meaning above 0°!)
I managed to pin a quilt on the longarm today, and not rush through the job! Slow and steady wins the race, right?! I really need to rein in my impatience and I was successful today.


1 comment :

Anonymous said...

A little too cold for the porch, for sure! Thank goodness you have a nice warm stove.