Thursday, May 08, 2008

Ahhh, stitching again

I was playing in the scrap bins yesterday and made these four quick blocks. I call them Brick Wall since that's what they look like. It's a fast way to use scraps and there is no seam matching until you add sashing! I was just planning on making these four to bring to guild to show because I put this simple block in the newsletter this month just for fun. However, I liked them so well that I plan on making more and making a larger quilt with them.

But that was yesterday and this is today -- I had to get back to my priorities today. I spent about 3 hours working on the quilt on the longarm today. I hope to finish it tomorrow or Saturday. Then, I have the small wallhanging I started a few weeks ago to finish -- just needs two more borders and then finishing. Then I think I'll cut some more bricks for my brick wall! And, oh yeah, there's always my hand quilting project and my hand applique projects!

I need to get out to the flower beds again soon also -- it was a bit too cool and windy today -- a perfect stay-in-the-house and quilt day!

Gratitudes:
I talked to both my kids on the phone yesterday -- nice, long conversations.
Ice cream.
Quilting
The new Neil Diamond cd ---- although the latest Eagles cd is still my current favorite!

3 comments :

Anonymous said...

Hi, Joanne. I'm a 58 year old quilter who lives in a log home in NY. Like you, what interests me today, doesn't always get the same attention tomorrow.


arlene-thefoodoflove.blogspot.com

SandyQuilts said...

Love your Brick Wall blocks.

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Great block to use up some of the shorter bricks in a scrap bin! I am sure that some guild members will make some up after seeing your beautiful sample.

Cheers!

Evelyn