Monday, March 31, 2008
Twinkler is Finished
I have finally finished my Twinkler quilt! This was a pattern from Claudia's Quilt Shoppe quite a few years ago. I pieced the parts using Bonnie's leader/ender system and finally put the top together a couple of months ago. And this weekend I quilted it and labeled and bound it. I used a new pantograph called Poinsettia by Danetta Burnett. It's a really pretty pattern, but labor intensive -- rather small and close together. This quilt is not very big, and I'll probably keep it for myself for Christmas time -- I used all Christmas scraps and yellow/gold background scraps. It's nice to have it finished!
This is going to be another busy week, so I'm only hoping to get the backing pressed, cut and stitched for the next quilt to go on the longarm -- my Christmas Stars. I was going to use the same panto, but think I'm going to try freehanding a similar design, only larger! I'll need to practice a lot before I try it.
We've had a couple of thunderstorms last night and today and some steady rain, but the temps reached into the 60's today and you could actually watch the grass turning green!
Bill helped me rake the leaves out of the flower beds on Saturday, so I can watch the daffodils, hyacinths and tulips break ground.