I've been tagged by Joan at My Quilt Life to post 7 random or weird things about myself. One should probably be that I am forever a day late and a dollar short! Sorry, Joan, for my tardiness.
--Once you are tagged, link back to the person who tagged you.
--Post THE RULES on your blog.
--Post 7 weird or random facts about yourself on your blog.
--Tag 7 people and link to them.
--Comment on their blog to let them know they have been tagged.
Seven weird or random facts about me:
1. I dislike talking on the phone just for the sake of talking! There are a few people (I can count on one hand) that I will talk to on the phone for 30 - 60 minutes, but basically, I prefer to take care of business and get on with my day. I think it comes from spending years as a secretary and having to answer the phone constantly, interrupting whatever work I was trying to do!
2. My husband and I met in a bowling alley. We bowled on the same couples league -- he with his first wife and I with a boyfriend. A few years later, I was no longer dating that man, his first wife died, I substituted for a friend on the same league, and we met again, dated and married within 2 months time!
3. I have always been sorry that I didn't finish college. I had a tuition scholarship for special education, but decided I didn't want to teach; didn't stop to think about what I would like to do, other than get married and have kids. Never went back except for taking a couple of courses at the local junior college.
4. My mother's younger sister married my dad's younger brother. I have a cousin that is 6 months younger than I am and as we were growing up, people found it hard to tell us apart. (That's not a problem these days -- I inherited my mom's white hair -- she got stuck with the grayer side!).
5. I love electronic gadgets -- once the computer bug finally hit me I've been on the 'net and learning new stuff. I'm the one in the family that has to set all the clocks and I'm the one that spends the time to figure out why the vcr won't record the station we aren't watching! vbg
6. I have taken quite a few of the Microsoft courses offered at New Horizons computer centers. Steve was first a Manager of the NH in Rockford, then the Sales Manager for the corporate offices, based in Rosemont, IL. So, I got to take the courses for free. I even took the one that teaches you how to take a computer apart and rebuild it! Can I remember any of it? Not a whole lot!
7. I can give you chapter and verse about eating healthy and exercising. I cook mostly healthy meals for my husband because we've been on the heart diet since 1987 when he had his first heart attack. That being said -- I'm the worst cheater -- I eat lots of chocolate and other snacks and have to fight with myself daily to exercise -- and many times I lose!
8. And one more -- I am extremely proud of my kids -- I don't tell them that enough. And I always think that they grew up to be wonderful human beings either because of me -- or probably more like in spite of me!
So there you have it -- more about me than you ever wanted to know. I'm supposed to tag 7 more people, but I've been so busy the past week and will be driving a lot this next week, so I can't really keep up with anyone's blog right now. If you'd like to do this tag -- go for it and let me know!