Friday, December 21, 2007

Merry Christmas

No pictures today. The only quilty thing I did was take the top and bottom borders off the Christmas Stars quilt and trim 1-1/2" off them and put them back on. They no longer wave -- funny how that works.
The plan was to work on Bonnie's mystery, but then Bill asked where the book was for the central vacuum. After a long search, I found it and then proceeded to start cleaning out the files I have in and around the desk and file cabinets. We save every piece of paper, I swear. I am finally tossing the receipts for nails he bought when he finished the basement -- 7 years ago. I am getting rid of the warranty and books for those appliances that went belly up years ago, and putting the ones that we still have in one file. I had planned on finishing one drawer today, but only got half-way finished and son, Steve called, so talked to him for a half an hour. By that time it was way past lunch time, so stopped for lunch, then decided if I was ever going to get those borders done I needed to do them today. After that was accomplished, I cleaned up some papers in the sewing room -- patterns I've printed off that I actually want to do one of these days.
Anyway -- never did work on the mystery, so hope to find a bit of time here and there over the weekend to play.
I couldn't go to AJ's Christmas program today because we were hit again with fog, but Steph said she taped it so we can watch on Christmas day. His preschool class sang Jingle Bells and got to ring bells as they were singing; he got quite vigorous in ringing his bell and dropped it and it slid away and he couldn't find it -- he started crying. How precious is that?

Just in case I don't get back to blogging... I want to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and Peace on Earth.

2 comments :

Quilts And Pieces said...

Stopping in to wish you a very merry Christmas and wonderful New Year!

~Bren~ said...

Merry Christmas JT!! The wind is HOWLING, but better today than tomorrow and Christmas!!! Hope you are all snug and warm.