Wednesday, December 19, 2007

I've been quilting!


This is the second quilt I made with the "Depression Block" from Quilter's Cache site. It's been waiting for a couple of months to be pinned on the machine and I finally did that and quilted it this week. I used templates from R&S Design. They are actually pattern boards used on the back of the machine. Basically, the poor man's version of Circle Lord. Someday I'll buy the Circle Lord, but for now these will have to do! They worked okay for the Baptist Fan on this quilt anyway. I stitched the binding on, but still need to add a label (after I decide who will be getting it!), and stitch the binding down. It felt really good to pin a quilt on and quilt it -- been awhile and I've missed it. Now I'm itching to pin another on right away. I still haven't worked on my nine-patches for Bonnie's mystery, so I may have to at least get started on that before I pin the next one on.

We have some elderly relatives and friends that are not in good health lately -- 3 with heart problems actually -- so we need to get some visiting in between Christmas preps and trying to cope with weather in the midwest -- today it's so foggy that the sky is as white as the ground, so we had to cancel one visit already. Good day for quilting, though.

Gratitudes:
AJ is back on antibiotics for his bronchitis -- hope this works quickly.
Working on the longarm -- it was a real pleasure.

No comments :