Friday, December 14, 2007

Just Like Clockwork....


Friday has arrived and I haven't blogged since Monday -- so much for trying to blog every day! vbg
I managed to get the sashing parts put together on Tuesday this week, but haven't touched the quilt til today. It took me all day, to put the top together and put the borders on. I had planned on having a green border between the tan and the red, but after getting the sashing strips all on, I took a picture of the top and it looked really dull. I like the green really dulls down the red in these fabrics, so I left the green border off in hopes of brightening up the quilt just a little. It's also a bit of a dark picture -- in real life it is a little bit brighter -- the tan is a bit brighter I think. This close up of the sashing strips shows the colors a bit better.

Anyway -- the top is finished, I still need to prepare the binding and backing, but I'm done working on it for now. I'm two steps behind on Bonnie's mystery, but I think I'll be caught up by the end of the year anyway.


I joined Stashbuster's UFO challenge for 2008. I've listed a few of my ufo's and flimsies on the right side of my blog -- I have not listed all of them, because I know I won't finish them all next year anyway -- why torture myself? vbg I do hope to bust a lot more stash next year and do a better job of keeping track of how much I do use up. Bonnie's mystery plus all the other quilts on her site will be great for busting scraps and I really need to get a handle on the scraps this year as well.
So, the rest of this year will be working on the mystery, hopefully get a quilt pinned to the longarm -- I'm getting rusty not using it and in order to get some ufo's done next year, I'll need to get better at using it -- and maybe cut one or two wallhangings out that I'd like to make, or maybe put a panel together with some border blocks and get it ready for quilting. Mostly, it'll be whatever I feel like working on!
Tomorrow is cookie day, so there will not be any quilting -- just playing with babies and kids and eating cookies!

Gratitudes:
The ice storm is over and driving shouldn't be bad tomorrow.
Christmas Cookies!

11 comments :

Carol said...

Joanne it is absolutely wonderful...I love it. The colors all work together perfectly. Have fun making cookies...I'm doing that tomorrow also.

Lindah said...

A beautiful quilt! It sings with joy! Perfect Christmas quilt.

Merry Christmas
Linda H

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Ooohhh, pretty! It is beautiful! I can't believe how fast you got it together - I really love your sashings!!!

Cheers!

Evelyn

Angie said...

It's a beautiful Christmas quilt, Joanne! Just gorgeous! Altho I had voted same color per block, what you went with is definitely so much better. I love it! Enjoy cookie baking! I've got to get on the stick and get some goodies made too. :>

Jeanne said...

Oh, Joanne, I really like your Christmas quilt! Your color placement is perfect!
Jeanne

Rose Marie said...

It's lovely .... those cornerstones in the sashing really pop out.

Shelina said...

This is beautiful Joanne. I just love the sashing idea.

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Wow you got that together fast. Looks fantastic!

Mary Johnson said...

Very pretty, I love the colors. I'm also doing the UFO challenge again this year. I still have quilts that carry over but I've gotten really good about at least getting my UFO's to the finished top stage. Of course, I still have older projects that are in the block stage....

Quilts And Pieces said...

This is absolutely beautiful!

Elaine Adair said...

This turned out just lovely! Your sashing and cornerstones made it even better. Beautiful!