Sunday, December 09, 2007

The blocks are done

I set up my portable design wall in the basement near my longarm. It's a little inconvenient for using when I'm actually sewing blocks together because my sewing room is on the 1st floor, but once I get the blocks put together I can put them up and look at them while I'm on the treadmill in the morning! Anyway, here's the finished blocks. Now I have to cut the sashing strips and piece the sashing and the cornerstones and cut the borders. If I have enough left over (which I doubt), I might make more blocks, but we'll see. I really like the way they look even though the picture is a bit dark here. I haven't squared these blocks yet either, so don't look too closely! vbg

I'm done sewing for the day -- still haven't touched the second clue of Bonnie's mystery -- but there's always tomorrow. I'm in no rush to finish either of these projects -- just enjoying the piecing time.

Gratitudes:
We got about an inch of snow/sleet, so thankful it wasn't all ice.
Sewing time
Making plans and writing out the to-do lists.

10 comments :

antique quilter said...

The blocks look wonderful!
really like these fabrics.
Glad your having fun and not putting pressure on yourself...enjoy the process!
kathie

Sweet P said...

I didn't get to comment earlier this week when you were showing the layouts for your blocks. I do like your final choices. They are the ones I would have voted for.

Karen (Misiz C) said...

Oooh, I like your choice of alternate color centers! Can't wait to see them with sashing et.al. And cheers to enjoying the process.

Lindah said...

This is a really nice block! They seem like joyous stars. Especially nice for a Christmas quilt. Is this a Joanne original? or is there a pattern source I could order from? I started a Christmas quilt, but it is not singing to me, so it is going to be very small. I'm still looking for a singing top. I think this one sings a joyful song.
Merry Christmas!
Linda H

Anonymous said...

The blocks look great put together! How do you like the portable design wall? My husband ordered me one for Christmas.

Carolyn said...

They're beautiful! I can't wait to see the finished quilt!

Elaine Adair said...

This turned out very nice - great job!

Carol said...

Your blocks are wonderful...can't wait to see it together.

ForestJane said...

Very nice! I really like the way that block turned out.

Wish I had space for a design wall too. I'm so jealous!

atet said...

Oooh -- I love the way these blocks turned out! Since I voted for the alternating colored centers -- I'm glad you went in this direction :0).